During the holidays, it is always a good idea to have a few appetizers and snacks on hand for those guests who drop by unexpected. This is an easy recipe which will keep in the fridge for a couple of days… that is if you don’t eat it first!
- 8oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 7 slices of bacon fried and crumbled
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby & Monterey Jack blend)
- 1/2tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, spices, and half of your onions, half of your jalapeños, and half of your bacon. Combine until thoroughly mixed. Once combined, form into a ball. Roll ball in remaining bacon, jalapenos, and onions. Let chill in fridge for 1-2 hours before serving. Serve with crackers.
- I suggest cutting bacon with kitchen shears before cooking.
- The best way to combine your ingredients and form into a ball is with CLEAN hands.
- I have found the best way to store this is to wrap the ball with saran wrap.
- If you dont feel like forming into a ball, this could be put into a bowl and served as a spreadable dip.